Senior Aviation Analyst
Senior Aviation Analyst Role
Hawkrose is delighted to announce we are hiring for the role of Senior Analyst. In this role, the successful candidate will be responsible for the delivery of exciting projects across our Civil Aviation and Defence and Security, with a focus on Aviation.
The successful candidate will be given the autonomy to set their own direction of work, and will work closely with the Director of Technology and Insight to establish best practice across the Hawkrose data analytics function.
The role requires a mixture of home and onsite working with the expectation that the successful candidate will manage their own time and location to best deliver for our customers.
Although the role requires a deeply rooted knowledge of Airport and Airline business drivers, the successful candidate will also be data literate, preferably with some demonstrable experience in Business Intelligence and Data Visualisation tools (Power BI, Tableau). ‘Hands on’ experience of programming languages such as Java, Python and VBA is highly desirable.
As this is a customer facing role, excellent communication skills are needed and the ability to present the outcomes of complex analysis in a compelling and concise manner. Building and maintaining relationships across our client base and within the Hawkrose team is also vital.
Specifically, to be successful in this role, a candidate must possess the following attributes:
- Aviation Knowledge – must have an understanding (and preferably first-hand experience) of Airport and / or Air Traffic Management operations. We are particularly interested in working with those that have worked on the development and implementation of operational concepts such as Airport Collaborative Decision Making (A-CDM) and Total Airport Management.
- Experience – Demonstrable experience in the delivery of technical consulting assignments in previous aviation related roles – this does not need to include other consultancies. We would be delighted to hear from those currently working in the industry who may wish to transition into a consultancy role.
- Numerate Degree Qualification – You should possess a technical degree with a large component of computer numeracy. Relevant in-role experience is acceptable in the absence of a formal qualification.
- Technical – Must have strong fundamentals of analytics, data mining, manipulation and evaluation. We are not prescriptive about your preferred tools and techniques – but the role will require you to work with data of various sizes and formats.
- Analytical thinker – Creative analytical thinking is key to producing robust, value-added solutions to business problems. You are a someone who endeavours to match analytical techniques to the specific problem and will not confine the solutions to business problems to the limitations of any one specific toolset (i.e., MS Excel)
- Mentoring and Technical Supervision – As a senior member of the team, you will be prepared to mentor and supervise junior consultants. This includes identifying performance gaps and establishing development objectives that meet personal and professional objectives.
- Planning & Prioritisation – You will be highly organised and able to work to (sometimes challenging) deadlines agreed with our clients. To that end, supporting the business with the development of work proposals and their associated cost and timescales is an important element of the role.
As a small dynamic company, Hawkrose looks for employees who value autonomy and flexibility over hierarchy and processes.
- Competitive renumeration based on experience
- Company pension scheme
- 25 day holiday per year
- Personalised training
- Flexible working locations (home, customer site or office)
Most importantly we offer the opportunity to work with a highly motivated team and be part of building a business, launching new products, engaging new customers, learning new skills and achieving success.
If you think you’re suitable and would like to know more then please do contact us: firstname.lastname@example.org