Senior Data Analyst
Senior Data Analyst Role
Hawkrose is delighted to announce we are hiring for the role of Senior Data Analyst. In this role, the successful candidate will be responsible for the development of actionable insight across a suite of projects, primarily in Aviation and Defence.
The role will require the candidate to be analytical versatile. To evaluate the problem space and apply tools and techniques that are best suited to driving a successful outcome. This could be anything from rigorous statistical analysis to the development of advanced, computationally intensive numerical models. The role demands that the analyst has programming experience and is comfortable with the ingestion, manipulation, and analysis of large datasets.
The role requires a mixture of home and onsite working with the expectation that the successful candidate will manage their own time and location to best deliver for our customers.
As this is a customer facing role, excellent communication skills are needed and the ability to present the outcomes of complex analysis in a compelling and concise manner. Building and maintaining relationships across our client base and within the Hawkrose team is also vital.
Specifically, to be successful in this role, a candidate must possess the following attributes:
- Good understanding of statistics and probability. A strong foundation in calculus, linear algebra and computational search algorithms would be highly advantageous.
- Well versed in Python and SQL. Experience with Python libraries such as SciKit Learn, TensorFlow, Pandas, Numpy are highly desirable.
- Experts with Microsoft Excel and Power BI for data visualisation
- Able to perform ad-hoc data mining and gather large sets of structured and unstructured data from several sources.
- Data Modelling Competence
- An understanding (or strong willingness to learn) Machine learning approaches such as Deep Neural Networks.
As a small dynamic company, Hawkrose looks for employees who value autonomy and flexibility over hierarchy and processes.
- Competitive renumeration depending on experience
- Company pension scheme
- 25 day holiday per year
- Personalised training
- Flexible working locations (home, customer site or office)
- Paid time off for charity work
Most importantly we offer the opportunity to work with a highly motivated team and be part of building a business, launching new products, engaging new customers, learning new skills and achieving success.